Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Perfect hard boiled eggs can be hard to make. There are few factors will affect the result. We love hard boiled eggs, but I didn’t have any luck to make smooth and perfect hard boiled eggs over top stove method. Although I had tried many different ways such as adding vinegar, baking soda, and etc. Some of my friends told me because we live in a high altitude place that may affect the result as well. Later, I bought an instant pot pressure cooker and used it to make hard boiled eggs. Surprisingly, it turned out perfectly! My husband amazed how soft and smooth hard boiled eggs are when I cook them in an instant pot. From now on, we only use instant pot to make our hard boiled eggs. Not only it’s simple, but also is quick to make soft and perfect hard boiled eggs.
How to cook perfect hard boiled eggs using an instant pot?
First of all, in order to make perfect hard boiled eggs, using an instant pot pressure cooker is crucial. Secondly, timing is very important. If time is too short, egg yolk is running. On the other hand, when time is too long, egg white texture will be harder. Also, I have tried different time to cook hard boiled eggs. As the result, I like manual 2 minutes and natural release method because eggs are cook through, soft and smooth. Thirdly, put the eggs into an ice bath right after the natural release is done. Then, let the eggs soak in the ice water for a couple minuet before peeling them. This is because it helps the egg and membrane separate, so the shell comes off easily and have a smooth and perfect eggs. Hope you enjoy this perfect hard boiled eggs instant pot recipe!
Eggs 12 (a dozen)
1. put one cup of water into the instant pot. Then, put a rack into the pot.
2. Next, put eggs on the rack. After, cover the lid and close the vent. Push manual button and adjust time to 2 minutes. Then, natural release.
3. After that, put all the eggs into a bowl with ice water and wait a couple minute before peeling.
Here are the beautiful smooth and soft peeled eggs.
This video show you how to make perfect hard boiled eggs:
You May Also Like These Instant Pot Recipes:
- BBQ RIBS
- LO MAI GAI (糯米雞)
- DRIED BOK CHOY SOUP (菜乾湯)
- LOTUS ROOT AND PORK BONE SOUP (蓮藕豬骨湯)
- NIAN GAO CHINESE NEW YEAR CAKE
- PHO VIETNAMESE NOODLE SOUP
- SIMPLE BEEF STEW
- GINSENG CHICKEN SOUP (SAMGYETANG) 삼계탕 蔘鷄湯
- BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE –HONG KONG STYLE (港式豬扒焗飯)
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
Hard Boiled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- some Water
- some Ice
- put one cup of water into the instant pot. Then, put a rack into the pot.
- Next, put eggs on the rack. After, cover the lid and close the vent. Push manual button and adjust time to 2 minutes. Then, natural release.
- After that, put all the eggs into a bowl with ice water and wait a couple minute before peeling.