Curry fish ball and radish (咖喱魚蛋蘿蔔) is a famous street food in Hong Kong. This curry fish ball and radish instant pot recipe only takes a few minutes! Also, curry fish ball recipe has a video to show you how to make this yummy snack.
What are the ingredients in curry fish ball and radish?
Often, curry fish ball and radish (咖喱魚蛋蘿蔔) has deep fried pig skin, squid, fish balls and radish. Living in the states, sometimes it is hard to find places serve this kind of street food. Therefore, I try to make this snack in an easy and faster way.
It is super simple and I only use three main ingredients: Japanese curry block, fish ball and radish. However, you can add others stuff like deep dried pig skin and squid if you want.
Besides, radish is sweet, juicy, soft and great match with the curry sauce and fish balls. On the other hand, check out this Japanese chicken curry recipe if you like curry.
Cooking tips for curry fish ball and radish (咖喱魚蛋蘿蔔):
- Add all ingredients into instant pot and manual for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure. But, be careful wait all the pressure release before opening the lid
- Use a mild Japanese curry block because it’s not spicy so my kids can enjoy this yummy snack too
- Stir and mix the curry block until it is well mixed and dissolved
What kind of curry block do you use?
I like to use golden curry brand Japanese curry block. There are 3 different spiciness: mild, medium and hot. I used a Japanese curry block because it’s not spicy so my kids can enjoy this yummy snack as well. However, you can use curry blocks in medium and hot depends on how spicy you can handle.
Can I use curry powder instead Japanese curry block?
Yes, you can use curry powder instead. But, you have to add other seasonings. This is because I chose to use curry block, so don’t need to worry adding other seasonings.
Do I have to use instant pot pressure cooker to make this snack?
No, you don’t have to use instant pot. You can use top stove method. However, this recipe instructions and ingredients mainly written for instant pot.
Instructions for how to make instant pot curry fish ball and radish (咖喱魚蛋蘿蔔):
1. Wash and peel off radish skin. Then, cut the radish into big chunks.
2. After that, put all the ingredients into the instant pot: radish, 2 cups of fish ball, 1 piece of curry block, and 1 cup of water
3. Cover the lid and close the vent. Next, press manual button and adjust time to 5 minuets. And, quick release the pressure.
4. Mix the ingredients very well because some of the curry maybe still in chunk, until all the curry is melted.
Enjoy this quick and simple Hong Kong street food at home! Want more curry recipe check out this Japanese chicken curry too!
You May Also Like These Snack Recipes:
Curry Fish Ball and Radish
- 1 piece Japanese curry block
- 1 big piece Radish
- 2 cups Fish ball
- 1 cup Water
- Wash and peel off radish skin. Then, cut the radish into big chunk.
- After that, put all the ingredients into the instant pot: Radish, 2 cups of fish ball, 1 piece of curry block, and 1 cup of water.
- Cover the lid and close the vent. Next, press manual button and adjust time to 5 minuets. And, quick release the pressure.
- Mix the ingredients very well because some of the curry maybe still in chunk, until all the curry is melted.