Tomatoes & Eggs (蕃茄炒蛋)
Stir fried tomatoes eggs is a common Chinese dish in southern China and Taiwan. Also, I remembered my parents made this tomatoes eggs dish all the time when I was a kid. Not only it is very easy to prepare and quick to make them, but also it’s sweet and little sour. And, my kids love them as well! Stir fried tomatoes eggs is great to serve with rice. Besides, this Chinese stir fried is a simple homemade dish that do not see them a lot at regular Chinese restaurants. In addition, this dish is sweet and sour which helps to increase your appetite.
There are different ways to make stir fried tomatoes and eggs dish. Often, I have seen people just make scrambled eggs and stir fried with the tomatoes don’t have much sauce. However, we like more sauce to go with rice. Therefore, this recipe has more sauce. Also, I usually use tomatoes from our garden because it tastes sweeter than grocery store, and don’t need to add much sugar. Next time, if you have lots of tomatoes from your garden and not sure what to do with them. Then, try to make this Chinese style stir fried dish and hope you enjoy it too!
Tomatoes 3 (medium size)
Green onion 1 stick
Ketchup 1/4 cup
Sugar 2 tablespoons (can be less depends on the sweetness of tomatoes)
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Vegetables oil 1 tablespoon
1. cut tomatoes into big chunks
2. Beat eggs in a bowl
3. Pour 1/2 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan and turn fire on high add beaten eggs. Cook it just like scrambled eggs and remember don’t cook too long. Then, set them aside.
4. Pour 1/2 tablespoon oil, add tomatoes and stir fried for couple minutes
5. After that, add ketchup, sugar, salt and stir fried for another minute or 2
6. Turn off fire. Then, add the scrambled eggs and topping with green onions.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- MAPO TOFU (麻婆豆腐)
- BRAISED CHINESE MUSHROOMS
- GARLIC CHILI SHRIMP
- STIR FRIED GARLIC CHIVES & EGGS
- MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- TOMATOES & EGGS (蕃茄炒蛋)
- STEAMED PORK SPARERIBS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE (豉汁蒸排骨）
- LOCO MOCO (HAWAIIAN CUISINE)
- BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE –HONG KONG STYLE (港式豬扒焗飯)
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
Stir Fried Tomatoes Eggs
- 3 Tomatoes (medium size)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 stick Green onion
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (can be less depends on the sweetness of tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetables oil
- cut tomatoes into big chunks
- Beat eggs in a bowl
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan and turn fire on high add beaten eggs. Cook it just like scrambled eggs and remember don’t cook too long. Then, set them aside.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon oil, add tomatoes and stir fried them for couple minutes
- After that, add ketchup, sugar, salt and stir fried for another minute or 2
- Turn off fire. Then, add the scrambled eggs and topping with green onions.