Garlic Yu Choy Sum
Yu Choy or Choy sum is commonly in Chinese cuisine. Also, tt is a member of the genus Brassica of the mustard family, Brassicaceae. Besides, choy sum in chinese literally translated as “heart of the vegetable”. The best and simple way to cook yu choy is stir fried with garlic. The wonderful aroma of garlic, tender and crisp greenish yu choy sum is the best to serve with rice or noodles.
Cooking tips for choy sum recipe:
My mom had at least a dish of vegetable for dinner when I was growing up. And, garlic yu choy sum was one of the vegetable dishes. Most of the Chinese restaurants serve yu choy sum. It’s very common vegetable dish that you can make from home with lower price, healthy and a tasty side dish. In addition, remember to wash and soak the choy sum for at least 15 minutes to get rid of dirt. I hope you enjoy this simple and easy greenish Chinese choy sum recipe.
Yu Choy Sum 1/2 lb
Garlic cloves 4
Water 1 cup
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Sauce for yu choy sum:
Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
Sesame oil 1 teaspoon
1. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan turn on medium to high fire. Then, add garlic.
2. Stir fried the garlic until it’s golden brown
3. Put the washed and soaked yu choi sum into a pan and add 1 cup of water. Next, cover the lid and let it cook for a minuet or 2. Then, stir it or flip the other side to cook another minute or two.
4. While cooking the yu choy sum, add oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small container and mix it.
5. When the yu choy sum is ready pour the sauce over and serve
Garlic Yu Choy Sum
- 1/2 lb Yu Choy Sum
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
Sauce for yu choy sum
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan turn on medium to high fire then add garlic
- Stir fried the garlic until it's golden brown
- Put the washed and soaked yu choi sum into a pan and add 1 cup of water. Cover the lid and let it cook for a minuet or 2 stir it or flip the other side to cook another minute or two.
- While cooking the yu choy sum, add oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small container and mix it.
- When the yu choy sum is ready pour the sauce over and serve
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!