Thai Style Green Curry
Thai style green curry is made from green chilies, coconut milk, vegetable and meat. The combination of the spicy green curry and coconut milk make this dish very favorable. Personally, I love Thai foods. Green curry is one of my favorite Thai foods. Also, I like spicy and coconut flavor, they are the best combination. In addition, Thai curry has 3 different types: yellow, red and green curry. Yellow curry is mild, red curry is medium and green curry is the hottest. I am going to share this simple and easy green curry recipe. I hope you enjoy it as well.
Cooking tips for green curry:
Moreover, I used curry paste because it is easy and convenient, so don't need to make curry paste from scratch. On the other hand, you can use other vegetables to make this green curry recipe. For example, some people like to add baby corn, mushrooms, bell peppers and etc. Besides, always taste the spiciness before adding more curry paste.
Carrots 4 (small)
Chicken breast or things 2 pieces
Bamboo shoots 1 can (small)
Green curry paste 1 Tablespoon (if you like spicy you can add more)
Rock sugar 1 piece ( around 2 tablespoons)
Water 1 cup
Coconut milk 1 can
Lemongrass 2 sticks
Vegetable oils 1 tablespoon
Salt (to your taste)
1.Dice the carrots, potatoes, onions and Chicken breast.
2. Cut lemongrass about 2 inches long.
3. Put oil, lemongrass, diced carrots, potatoes and onions into the pot and cook them.
4. Add, green curry paste and water and stir it for a little bit. After, cover the lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes in small to medium fire.
5. Then, add bamboo shoots, rock sugar and diced chicken breast. Next, stirring for few minutes and add coconut milk. Add salt to your taste.
6. Serving with rice
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- MAPO TOFU (麻婆豆腐)
- BRAISED CHINESE MUSHROOMS
- GARLIC CHILI SHRIMP
- STIR FRIED GARLIC CHIVES & EGGS
- MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- TOMATOES & EGGS (蕃茄炒蛋)
- STEAMED PORK SPARERIBS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE (豉汁蒸排骨）
- LOCO MOCO (HAWAIIAN CUISINE)
- BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE –HONG KONG STYLE (港式豬扒焗飯)
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
Thai style green curry
- 4 Carrots (small)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 pieces Chicken breast or things
- 1 can Bamboo shoots (small)
- 1 tablespoon Green curry paste (if you like spicy you can add more)
- 1 piece Rock sugar (brown sugar around 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 2 sticks Lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oils
- Salt (to your taste)
- Dice the carrots, potatoes, onions and Chicken breast.
- Cut lemongrass about 2 inches long.
- Put oil, lemongrass, diced carrots, potatoes and onions into the pot and cook them.
- Add, green curry paste and water and stir it for a little bit. Cover the lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes in small to medium fire.
- Then, add bamboo shoots, rock sugar and diced chicken breast. Stirring for few minutes and add coconut milk. Add salt to your taste.
- Serving with rice