Chinese Pancake (煎餅)
Almost every cultures have some sort of pancake in different form. Western pancake tends to be sweet and mostly serve with syrup. Asian and Eastern pancake is more savory. My kids love this Chinese pancake that I made, especially they love dipping with hoisin sauce and eat them. They asked me what is this called? I told them it’s Chinese pancake. Actually, it is very similar to Korean pancake like pajeon and Japanese pancake called okonomiyaki.
This type of Chinese pancake is made of egg, flour, water, vegetable and meat. Also, I like to use cabbage and carb sticks. But, you can add different vegetable and meat. Personally, I like to serve with chili oil. However, kids cannot handle spicy food, so recommend to use hoisin sauce as a dipping sauce which is little sweet and savory. Hope you like this simple and easy Chinese pancake recipe, it’s great for lunch or snack.
Cooking tips for Chinese pancake:
First of all, add flour, salt and egg into a mixing bowl. After that, add water and mix the batter very well make sure no lumps. Then, add cooked cabbage and crab meat and mix it. Also, use an non-stick pan to pan fried, so it won’t stick on the pan. Besides, make sure the pan is hot enough before pouring the batter. And, pan fried both side until it’s golden brown remember to use medium small fire to pan fried it. Besides, mix the batter well each time before pouring into the pan.
All purpose flour 1 cup
Water 1 and 1/4 cups
Salt 1/16 teaspoon (for stir fried the cabbage) +1/4 teaspoon (add to the batter)
Crab sticks long 3
Cabbage 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
1. Shredded cabbage and cut crab sticks into pieces
2. Put some vegetable oil in a pan add cabbage and salt ( 1/16 teaspoon) and cook it for 2-3 minuets until it’s soft
3. In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 and 1/4 cups water and mix well
4. Then, add cut crab sticks and cooked cabbage into the batter and mix it
5. Pour some oil into an non-stick pan and pour the batter mixture
6. Let it cook until it golden brown and flip the other side (remember to turn the fire to medium low).
7. Enjoy this Chinese pancake recipe!
You May Also Like These Snack Recipes:
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 and 1/4 cups Water
- 1/16 teaspoon (for stir fried the cabbage) +1/4 teaspoon (add to the batter) Salt
- 3 Crab sticks long one
- 3 cups Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- some Chili oil or hoisin sauce
- Shredded cabbage and cut crab sticks into pieces
- Put some vegetable oil in a pan add cabbage and salt ( 1/16 teaspoon) and cook it for 2-3 minuets until it’s soft
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 and 1/4 cups water and mix well
- Then, add cut crab sticks and cooked cabbage into the batter and mix it
- Pour some oil into an non-stick pan and pour the batter mixture
- Let it cook until it golden brown and flip the other side (remember to turn the fire to medium low)