Homemade oven baked rotisserie chicken not only is golden crispy outside, but also soft and juicy inside. The best to dip with ginger scallion sauce and serve with rice. Hence, in this recipe I am going to share the best way to cook juicy, fresh and tender homemade rotisserie chicken in an oven.
What is rotisserie chicken?
Rotisserie chicken is a style of roasted chicken over a fire or an oven. Since not many people have a skewer tool to hold the whole chicken and roast in the oven or over a fire at home. Therefore, I am going to share the best way to cook homemade rotisserie chicken in an oven.
The best way to cook homemade rotisserie chicken:
Years ago, I have seen people use an empty soda can as a stand and put a chicken up straight. Then, bake it in an oven.
I thought this is a great idea because the chicken can be cooked evenly and has a nice crispy golden brown skin. It’s pretty similar to the idea of skewered rotisserie chicken.
An idea came to my mind that I have something similar to a soda can. After, I looked into my baking tools and found an angel fruitcake pan.
Thus, I use a cake mold as a stand and put the chicken up straight to make a nice and juicy homemade rotisserie chicken. And, now we love our homemade rotisserie chicken better than Costco one. Also, I find this is the best way to bake juicy and tender rotisserie chicken at home.
Cooking tip for rotisserie chicken recipe:
- The best to marinate the chicken overnight or at least a few hours before baking.
- Use a cake mold stand to put up the chicken and bake it, so the chicken will be very moist and tender.
- You can always add more different seasonings or herbs if you like.
- Baking time is crucial for a tender and juicy chicken. Normally, I will start with 60 minutes first and add more minutes depends on how big the chicken is.
Can I use other seasonings and herbs?
Absolutely, yes you can use other seasonings and herbs. I only use garlic powder and parsley because I want to keep the recipe simple and easy.
How long does it take to cook a rotisserie chicken?
Average around 45-75 mins to bake or roast a chicken in an oven. When the chicken is around 5 lbs, normally I start with 60 minutes. Add more minutes, depends on how big is the chicken.
What is the temperate to bake a rotisserie chicken in an oven?
Preheat oven for 425 F and bake for 60-75 minutes (depends how big the chicken)
Instructions for how to make best homemade oven rotisserie chicken:
1. Put a whole chicken in a mixing bowl add salt, onion powder and parsley ( you can use other herbs) marinated overnight and refrigerated.
2. Preheat the oven for 425F
3. Put foil on the cookie sheet
4. Put the stand on the cookie sheet and the whole chicken on the stand
5. Bake the chicken for around 65-75 minutes until the chicken internal temperature reaches 165F and the skin is golden brown. (Normally, I set the time for 60 minutes, then add more time if needed.)
Hope you enjoy the best way to cook or bake rotisserie chicken at home! Like more chicken recipe? Check out this soy sauce chicken recipe too!
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- CHINESE STYLE ROAST DUCK (烤鴨)
- MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (豉油雞)
- BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE –HONG KONG STYLE (港式豬扒焗飯)
- 1 Whole Chicken (around 6 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley (you can use other herbs)
- Put a whole chicken in a mixing bowl add salt, onion powder and parsley ( you can use other herbs) marinated overnight and refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven for 425F
- Put foil on the cookie sheet
- Put the stand on the cookie sheet and the whole chicken on the stand
- Bake the chicken for around 65-75 minutes until the chicken internal temperature reaches 165F and the skin is golden brown. (Normally, I set the time for 60 minutes, then add more time if needed.)