Kimchi Tofu Soup (Sundubu-jjigae)
Kimchi tofu soup is simple and easy Korean style soup. Sundubu-jjigae is a soft tofu stew and very common in Korean cuisine. Want a taste of Korean dinner? Then, kimchi tofu soup is an option. Korean like to make kimchi tofu soup and serve with rice. Also, they like to add meat or seafood in kimchi tofu soup. However, this recipe I only use kimchi and tofu two as main ingredients to make this vegan soup. There is another post to show how to make homemade kimchi. Thus, you can buy kimchi at a store or make your own. In addition, this recipe is in small portion. If you want to serve more people just double or triple the recipe. Hope you like this simple kimchi tofu soup recipe. It’s little spicy, tender and tasty soup.
Cooking tips on how to make kimchi tofu soup:
First of all, add the chili soybean paste into pot, then add water and mix it well. Chili soybean paste you can find it at Asian stores. However, you can purchase them on Amazon. After that, add kimchi and turn on small fire until it’s boiling. Next, add the soft and silky tofu until it boiling again. Cut the tofu into cubes. And, don’t stir too hard, so the tofu will break easily. Besides, add 1/2 tablespoon of chili soybean paste at a time depends on how spicy you can handle it.
Kimchi 1/2 cup
Soft tofu 1/2 cup
Water 1 cup
Chili soybean paste 1.5 tablespoons ( add 0.5 tablespoon at a time)
Green onion 1 stick
1. Put the chili soybean paste into a pot
2. Add kimchi and water and mix it well. Then, turn on fire to small until it’s boiling.
3. Cut soft tofu into cubes
4. Once the soup is boiling add the tofu and simmering for few minutes.
5. Enjoy this simple, easy, spicy and tender Korean soup.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- DRIED BOK CHOY SOUP (菜乾湯)
- LOTUS ROOT AND PORK BONE SOUP (蓮藕豬骨湯)
- GREEN RADISH CARROT PORK BONE SOUP (青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯)
- HOT AND SOUR SOUP (酸辣湯)
- TOMATO & POTATO PORK BONE SOUP (蕃茄薯仔豬骨湯)
- SWEET CORN CARROT PORK BONE SOUP
- WATERCRESS PORK BONES DATES SOUP (西洋菜豬骨蜜棗湯）
- GINSENG CHICKEN SOUP (SAMGYETANG) 삼계탕 蔘鷄湯
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
Kimchi Tofu Soup
- Put the chili soybean paste into a pot
- Add kimchi and water and mix it well. Then, turn on fire to small until it’s boiling.
- Cut soft tofu into cubes
- Once the soup is boiling add the tofu and simmering for few minutes.
- Enjoy this simple, easy, spicy and tender Korean soup.