Homemade Rice Noodles
Rice noodles are made from rice. The basic ingredients for rice noodle is rice flour and water. Sometimes, tapioca or corn starch are added to improve the transparency or increase noodles chewy texture. Also, they are very common in south east Asia. Often, they are available in fresh, frozen, or dried form and different shapes, thicknesses and textures. However, fresh noodles can only last a few days. When they are in dry form, it last longer. Besides, rice noodles good for people who are allergic to wheat or gluten. This noodles recipe is using Philips noodle machine which is easier to make noodles at home.
Asians like rice noodles in different forms. Personally, I love noodles and I can eat them every day. Most of time I just purchase dry pack rice noodles from Asian stores, but I never thought about making my own rice noodles at home. At first, I think of homemade rice noodles is a little bit harder to make because it uses different flours. However, I have a Philips brand noodles machine, I like to try new noodles recipes and want to play around.
As a result, after many trials here is the homemade rice noodles recipe using Philips noodles machine. On the other hand, this rice noodles recipe is in gram and millimeter because it is more accurate. In fact, if water is too much, it is hard to press the noodles out. In addition, xanthan gum is an effective thickening agent and stabilized to prevent ingredients from separating. Therefore, xanthan gum helps stabilized rice and tapioca flour and prevent them from separating.
185 g Rice Flour
60 g Tapioca Flour
5 g Xanthan Gum
1/8 teaspoon Salt
150ml Boiling Water
1. Put all the flours, xanthan gum, salt in the noodle machine. Then turn on the noodle machine and push the button for one cup setting
2. Add boiling water slowly as the machine is running
3. Noodles will be done around 10 minutes
4. Boil water in a pot, then add the noodles and cook it for around 2 minutes until it floats on top of water
5. Drain the noodles and rinse it with cold water
6 . Warm up a can of chicken broth as a soup base to go with it or serve with other meat and vegetables
Homemade Rice Noodles
- 185 g Rice Flour
- 60 g Tapioca Flour
- 5 g Xanthan Gum
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 150 ml Boiling Water
- Put all the flours, xanthan gum, salt in the noodle machine. Then turn on the noodle machine and push the button for one cup setting
- Add boiling water slowly as the machine is running
- Noodles will be done around 10 minutes
- Boil water in a pot, then add the noodles and cook it for around 2 minutes until it floats on top of water
- Drain the noodles and rinse it with cold water
- Warm up a can of chicken broth as a soup base to go with it or serve with other meat and vegetables
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!