How to cook boba pearls ?
First, we need to understand what are boba pearls, they are made from tapioca starch. Also, they are chewy and black or brownish. Each brand of boba has an instruction to teach you how to cook them. And, I have tried different brands and followed their instructions. However, it takes longer than it says on the packages and the middle of boba still not done when I used top stove cooking method.
After, many attempts to cook good boba using top stove. Finally, I tried to use instant pot pressure cooker to cook them. Amazingly, it turns out very nice and chewy boba pearls in only 2 minutes! Therefore, from now on I will only use instant pot instead. Not only it’s simple and easy too cook, but also inside of the boba is cook through. If you have any left over boba, put them in a fridge. When you want to use it, just warm them up in a microwave for 20-30 seconds. Often, it can store up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Boba drink is a very popular drink that combines milk tea or flavor powder with cooked tapioca pearls known as boba. Also, boba drink is originated from Taiwan. And, this drink is very popular among younger kids, teens and now is a part of Taiwanese pop culture. Now, it’s become so prevalent that you can find this kind of drink in the US and some Asian restaurants serve them as well. Making boba drink at home is not as hard as you think, actually it is quite simple. When you know how to cook good boba pearls now, you will make boba drink all the time.
1 cup of boba
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Put the boba and water into an instant pot pressure cooker put button manual high pressure for 2 minuets, cover the lid and close the vent. Then, quick release.
2) Drain water and rinse with warm water then add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mix it
More Dessert Recipes You May Also Like:
- TARO BOBA DRINK
- THAI STYLE MANGO STICKY RICE
- SWEET RED BEAN SOUP
- BLACK SESAME PASTE OR SOUP
- TOFU PUDDING
- MANGO POPSICLES
- CARAMEL POPCORN
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES MUFFINS
- GRASS JELLY (涼粉)
Comment, rating, subscribe and follow on our social media:
Do you like this post and recipe? If you find any helpful information, please consider to leave a comment and give a star rating below! Also, subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Besides, stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Thank you for visiting Oh My Food Recipes!
How to cook boba pearls
- 1 cup Boba
- 1 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- Put the boba and water into an instant pot pressure cooker put button manual high pressure for 2 minuets, cover the lid and close the vent. Then, quick release.
- Drain water and rinse with warm water then add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mix it