Ingredients: ▢ Chicken thigh ▢ Dried Chinese mushrooms ▢ Baby bok choy ▢ Chinese cured pork belly ▢ Ginger ▢ Vegetable oil ▢ Sesame oil ▢ Rice ▢ Water Marinated chicken and mushrooms: ▢ Dark soy sauce ▢ Oyster sauce ▢ Soy sauce ▢ Cooking rice wine ▢ Salt ▢ Sugar ▢ Cornstarch ▢ Sesame oil ▢ Garlic powder
1. Put dried Chinese mushrooms into a bowl and pour water. Sock it for 4-6 hours. (I usually soak the mushrooms the night before I need to use it.)
2. Then, put rice into a container and pour water. Let it soak for 45 minutes to an hour.
3. Peel a small piece of ginger and cut it into strips.
4. Cut baby bok choy into half.
5. Next, put the baby bok choy into a container and pour water. Let it soak for 15 minutes. Then, wash or rinse it 2-3 times.
6. After soaking the Chinese mushrooms, squeeze the excess water and cut them into strips.
7. Cut Chinese cured pork belly into slices.
8. Remove excess fat from the chicken thigh and cut boneless and skinless chicken thigh into strips.
9. Put the cut chicken thigh and mushrooms into the container.
10. Add salt, sugar, sesame oil, cooking rice wine, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic powder and cornstarch. Then, mix it well.
11. After, add the ginger from step 3 into the marinated chicken and mushrooms. Mix it well. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
12. Meanwhile, put brown sugar, soy sauce, water and dark soy sauce into a pot. Then, mix it well. Turn on medium fire, keep stirring and let the sugar melt. (This sauce is optional.)
13. Set the sauce mixture aside and let it cool off.
14. After soaking the rice, drain it well.
15. Pour vegetable oil into the claypot.
16. Use a brush to brush the oil around the pot.
17. Turn on the fire to small, put the drained rice from step 14 into the claypot.
18. Pour water into the claypot. Use a spoon to level off the rice and make sure water covers the rice. Then, cover the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on a small fire.
19. After 10 minutes, open the lid and the rice is cooked.
20. The following step, put the marinated chicken and mushrooms from step 11 on top of the rice. Cover the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on a small fire.
21. After that, open the lid, put the sliced Chinese cured pork belly from step 7 on the chicken and mushrooms.
22. And, add the washed baby bok choy from step 5 on the rice, chicken and mushrooms. Cover the lid.
23. Drip sesame oil or vegetable oil around the lid. Let it cook for 5 minutes on a small fire.
24. Then, move and tilt around the claypot for a minute to make the rice crispy around the pot..