Strawberry Pie Glaze with Jello
Delicious and easy fresh strawberry pie glaze with jello is Marie Callender’s signature fresh strawberry pie. This strawberry pie glaze recipe is very simple and only has a few ingredients. It’s a great summer dessert and a Mother’s & Father’s Day gift.
- 1 Marie Callender frozen pie crust (You can use other brand pie crust or make your own)
- 2 pounds Fresh Strawberries
- 1 pack Strawberry jello powder small (3oz) package
- 1/2 cup Sugar (Use more or less depends on your sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons Corn starch
- 1 cup Water
Thaw the Marie Callender pie crust 10 minutes before baking and use a fork to poke holes on the crust.
Preheat oven 400F and bake it for 12-15 minutes until is golden brown. Then, let it cool down.
Wash and soak 2 pounds of fresh strawberries in a bowl for a few minutes.
In the meanwhile, put a small pack (3 oz) strawberry jello powder, 1/2 cup of sugar (can use more or less depends on your sweetness), 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 cup of water into a pot mix them well. Then, turn on fire to small to medium. Keep stirring until it’s bubbling.
After that, let the glaze cool down.
Drain and dry strawberries with a paper towel. After that, remove the leaves.
Put and lay the fresh strawberries on the baked pie crust.
Next, pour the glaze over the strawberries.
Cooking tips for how to make easy fresh Marie Callender’s style strawberry pie with glaze:
- Use a fork to poke some holes on the crust before baking.
- Let the crust cool off before putting strawberries.
- Wash and soak strawberries for a few minutes. Then, I dry them with a paper towel and remove the leaves.
- For the glaze: put a pack of jello, corn starch, sugar and water in a pot. Mix them well and turn on small medium fire. Keep stirring until it’s boiling. Let it cool down a little bit before pouring over the strawberries in the pie.
- The glaze will be thickened when it’s cool off.
- You can add more sugar or less depending on your sweetness. I used 1/2 cup of sugar.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg