Red Bean Mochi
Red bean mochi or lo mai chi (糯米糍) is a classic Asian’s sweet snack or dessert. This is a simple instant pot red bean mochi recipe.
- 1 cup Glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Some Glutinous rice flour (For dusting the dough. I put ½ cup, you can try ¼ cup)
Sweet Red Bean Filings:
- 1 cup Adzuki bean
- 5 cups Water
- 1 &¼ cups Sugar
Pour 1 cup glutinous rice flour into a container, then add 1 cup coconut milk and ¼ cup sugar. Mix them very well.
After that, put a cup of water and a rack into the pressure cooker. Then, put the flour mixture in and manual for 20 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
While waiting for the flour dough, roll the red bean paste into small balls. (You can make the sweet red bean paste the night before and refrigerate it.)
When the flour dough is done, take it out and mix them a little bit.
Next, put some glutinous rice flour (I put ½ cup) into a tray and spread them evenly. After, put the cooked flour dough in the tray and flatten the dough. Divide the dough into 15 pieces.
After, take a piece and wrap with a sweet red bean ball. (Dust more flour when sealing the end, so it won’t be too sticky.)
Cooking tips for how to make instant pot red bean mochi:
- Mix glutinous rice flour, coconut milk and sugar very well. Then, put in instant pot Manual for 20 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
- Put some glutinous rice flour in a tray and put the flour dough in (be careful it is still hot). Try to flatten the dough evenly and divide them into 12 pieces.
- See details in the red bean paste post for how to make it. Then, roll the red bean paste into small balls.
- Dust some glutinous rice flour when the dough is sticky.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg