Sweet Mung Bean Soup
A classic Cantonese green mung bean soup is a sweet dessert that can serve as warm or chill. This instant pot sweet mung bean soup recipe is easy and delicious! No need to presoak beans to make this authentic Chinese mung bean soup.
- 1 cup Geen mung beans
- 1/4 cup Dried seaweed
- 5 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar add to your taste
First, wash and soak 1/4 cup of dried seaweeds for a couple minutes.
Then, wash 1 cup of green mung beans and put them into instant pot.
After that, add 5 cups of water into pressure cooker.
Add the soaked seaweeds into the instant pot. Close the lid and vent. Push manual button and adjust time to 45 minutes at high pressure. Then, quick release pressure.
Put 3/4 cups of brown sugar. (You can add more sugar to your taste.) Mix them well. It’s ready to serve as warm or refrigerate them to serve as cold.
Cooking tips for how to make instant pot Chinese mung bean soup dessert:
- Soak and wash dried seaweed for a couple minutes. You can cut them a little bit. Also, if you want to use kombu style seaweed, cut them into strips.
- Wash green mung beans, no need to soak them before.
- Put beans, water and seaweed into an instant pot pressure cooker. Close lid and vent manual and adjust time for 45 minutes at high pressure and quick release.
- Then, add sugar and stir well. You can add more sugar to your taste. I did 3/4 cups of brown sugar.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg