Braised Beef and Radish
Delicious Asian Chinese flavor beef stew with radish is one of my comfort foods. This Cantonese style Chinese braised beef brisket and daikon instant pot recipe takes around 2 hours.
- 1 Daikon Radish (medium large)
- 2 pounds Beef chuck roast boneless
- 5 slices Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 5 pieces Star anise
- 6 pieces Clove
- 2 sticks Green onion
- 3 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 cup Water
Wash, peel off radish skin and cut them into chunks. Then, set them aside.
Wash and cut beef roast into chunks.
After that, put 4 cloves of garlic, 5 slices of ginger, 5 pieces of star anise, 6 pieces of clove and beef roast. Next, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 cup of water. Mix them well. Close the lid and vent, then push manual button adjust time to 45 minutes at high pressure and nature release pressure.
After the pressure release, add radish into instant pot. Then, close the lid and vent. Push manual button and adjust time for 15 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
Add green onion and mix them will. You can use a strainer to remove oil or fat. (If you want the sauce thicker, you can thicken the sauce by adding corn starch and water.)
COOKING TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT ASIAN BEEF STEW:
- Wash, cut beef and radish into chunks
- Add ginger, garlic, clove, star anise, beef brisket or beef roast into pressure cooker, then add the sauce and mix them well. Manual for 45 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
- After that, add daikon mix them with sauce and beef and manual for 15 minutes at high pressure and natural release pressure.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg