Laksa Noodle Soup
Delicious southeast Asian flavor curry laksa noodle soup is great for lunch and dinner. This laksa recipe is very easy and simple. Hope you enjoy this rich and spicy seafood laksa soup noodles.
- 15 pieces Raw whole shrimp with head on
- 10 pieces Deep fried tofu
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 10 pieces Fish balls
- 1 pack Rice vermicelli noodles Dried (small pack 10.58 oz or 300g)
- ½ bunch Cilantro
Boil a pot of water and wait until the water is boiling. Then, add a pack of rice noodles (small pack 10.58 oz or 300g). Let it boil for 5-8 minutes. Keep stirring the noodles once a while.
Drain water and rinse under cold water. Set them aside.
Cut 10 pieces of deep fried tofu into half.
Peel 15 pieces of shrimp heads and set them aside.
In a pot, add 15 shrimp heads and stir fry them a little bit.
After that, add 5 cups of water. Let it boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Then, remove the shrimp heads.
Next, add 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste (suggest adding ½ tablespoons at a time) and 2 tablespoons of sha cha sauce. Stir until it mixes well. Then, add 1 can of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and ½ teaspoon of salt to your taste.
The following step, add deep fried tofu, 10 pieces of fish balls and 15 pieces of shrimp cook until it boils.
While cooking the broth, put cooked rice noodles, bean sprouts and cilantro into the bowl.
When deep fried tofu, shrimp and fish balls are done, put them on the rice noodles. Then, pour laksa soup over the noodles and prepare to serve.
Cooking tips for how to make laksa?
- Remove shrimp heads and use to make broth by simmering for 15 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp heads. Then, add Thai red curry paste, sha cha sauce, coconut milk and mix them well. Wait until it’s boiling and add deep fried tofu, shrimp, fish balls until they are cooked.
- I like to cut deep fried tofu into half because it absorbs the soup better when cooking it. Also, it tastes better.
- Remember to add Thai red curry paste to your spiciness. You can add ½ tablespoon at a time.
- Cooking the rice vermicelli noodles drain and rinse under cold water
- When the broth is ready, pour the curry laksa soup over the rice noodles with bean sprouts, cilantro, shrimp, deep fried tofu and fish ball.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 1261mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1890IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg