Savory traditional Japanese miso soup is great to go with rice, pan fried gyoza or sushi. This simple homemade miso soup recipe only in 15 minutes!
Soak ½ cup of dried seaweed in a bowl for a few minutes around 3-5 minutes.
Then, chop 2 sticks of green onion.
After that, cut soft tofu into small cubes.
Next, cut soaked seaweed into pieces.
After that, pour 3 cups of water into a pot. Then, add chopped seaweed. Let them boil a little bit then turn off fire add miso paste. Mix the miso paste very well and make sure they all mix with water.
Then, add soft tofu and green onion. Slightly mix them well.
Cooking tips for how to make miso soup:
- Soak and wash dried seaweed. It will swell up and double the size. So don’t need a lot and a small pinch is enough.
- Soak the dried seaweed for a few minutes around 3-5 minutes.
- Chop the soaked dries seaweed into small chunks or pieces.
- I like to use soft tofu because it's smooth & soft.
- Cut the soft tofu into smaller cubes.
- Wait until water is boil. Turn off fire then mix the miso paste with water very well
- Add soft tofu last and slightly mix them because soft tofu will break easily.
- Remember to add salt to your taste. If you think it is not salty enough, add some salt. Or, add more water if you think it is too salty for you.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg