Thai Red Curry
The main ingredients for Thai red curry are Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, vegetables and meats such as chicken, pork, beef, shrimp.
- 2 Carrots small
- 2 Potatoes small
- 2 pieces Chicken thighs
- 1 can Bamboo shoots small (8oz)
- 1.5 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt (saltness to your taste)
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (adjust more or less depends on how spicy you can handle)
- 1 cup Water
Peel, wash and cut potatoes into chunks
Wash, peel and slice carrots
Cut chicken thighs into chunks
Turn on medium small fire stir fried potatoes and carrots. Then, add a cup of water and 1 tablespoon of Thai red curry paste. Keep stirring and mixing it well. Next, cover the lid turn fire to small and let it cook for 5 mins until the potatoes and carrots is little soft.
After that, add 1.5 tablespoons of brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of coconut milk and stir it well to make sure the coconut milk is well mixed.
Next, add bamboo shoots and chicken thighs into the red curry and cover the lid for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked.
When the curry is ready, serve them with rice.
Cooking tips for how to make Thai red curry:
- Thai red curry is very easy to make. First chop and cut carrots, potatoes and chicken. Then, cook the potatoes and carrots with water and red curry paste. The best to cover the lid and use small fire let it cook for 5 minutes until it’s little bit soft.
- After that, add brown sugar, salt, coconut milk. Keep stirring and making sure the coconut milk is well mixed.
- Next, add bamboo shoots and chicken thighs cook until the chicken is done.
- Personally, I like to use chicken thighs to make curry because it has better texture. If you want to be healthier, you can use chicken breast. However, don’t over cook the chicken breast.
- The best to serve with jasmine rice.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3791IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 4mg