Mango Sticky Rice
Thai Mango sticky rice is a popular Thai dessert that people will normally order when they eat at a Thai restaurant. This sweet coconut instant pot mango sticky rice recipe is very easy and delicious!
- 1 can Coconut milk (14 fl oz or 400 ml)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 tablespoons Water
Wash and drain 1 cup glutinous rice very well. Pour a cup of water and put a rack inside the instant pot.
Then, put a bowl in the pressure cooker, add 1 cup washed glutinous rice and 2/3 cup water in the container. Level it and make sure all the rice is covered with water. Close the lid and vent manual for 30 minutes at high pressure and natural release.
While the rice is cooking, pour a can of coconut milk into a pot. Add 3/4 cup sugar and turn on a small fire and keep stirring until it’s bubbling.(You can use more or less sugar depending on your sweetness.)
Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a container. Then, add the cornstarch mixture slowly in the coconut milk until it thickens. ( The sauce will thicken when it cools off.)
Peel off skin and slice the mangoes.
When the rice is ready, put the cooked glutinous rice, mango and sweet coconut sauce on top of the sticky rice and mango.
Cooking tips for instant pot mango sticky rice dessert:
- If you use an instant pot pressure cooker to cook glutinous rice, it doesn’t need to pre-soak the rice. However, if you want to use a bamboo basket to steam the rice. Remember to soak the rice for 1-2 hours before steaming and steam around 20-25 minutes until it's soft.
- Make sure the rice is covered by water.
- Different brands of coconut milk are slightly different. I like to use ARoy-D brand because it’s creamier and has a stronger coconut flavor, but sometimes if I cannot find the brand I use other brands.
- You can use less or more sugar depending on your taste.
- The coconut sauce will be thicker when it cools down.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3mg