Stir Fried Tomatoes Eggs
Stir fried tomatoes eggs is a common Chinese dish in southern China and Taiwan. Also, this dish is sweet and sour which helps to increase your appetite.
- 3 Tomatoes (medium size)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 stick Green onion
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (can be less depends on the sweetness of tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetables oil
Wash and cut 3 tomatoes into pieces.
Crack 5 eggs in a bowl.
Then, beat the eggs.
Pour 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and turn on medium-high add beaten eggs.
Cook it just like scrambled eggs and remember don’t cook too long. Then, set them aside.
After that, pour 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, add tomatoes and stir fry for a little bit.
Next, add 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir fry for a minute or two.
Turn off fire. Then, add the scrambled eggs and topping with green onion.
Cooking tips for how to make fried egg with tomatoes:
- I usually use tomatoes from our garden because it tastes sweeter than grocery stores. And, don’t need to add too much sugar.
- Don’t over cook the eggs.
- Different brands of ketchup will be slightly different, adjust sugar to your taste.
- Some people like more sauce, you can add water and cornstarch. Then adjust ketchup, sugar and salt to your taste.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg