Chinese dumpling or potsticker is a dough and wrapped around a filling. Normally, the dough is flour and the filling is meat and vegetables. Dumpling is prepared in different methods such as boiling, pan frying or steaming.
- 1.5 lb Ground pork
- 4 cups Garlic chives
- ¼ head Cabbage
- ¼ cup Oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Soy sauce, black Chinese vinegar and chili oil (optional)
Cut up the Chives and cabbage then set a side
In a mixing bowl put ground pork, garlic Chives, cabbage, oyster sauce, salt, soy sauce and sugar mix it well
This is a video to teach you how to wrap the dumplings
When water is boiling, put the dumplings into the boiling water. Stir it and let the dumplings boil and float on the top of water. Then, add ½ cup of cold water, stir it and let it boil until it floats again. Repeat this step for 2-3 times or until they are cooked.
Topping with chili oil, soy sauce or some black Chinese vinegar or XO sauce.
Cooking tips for boiled dumplings:
- Don't put too much filling and make sure the dumplings are sealed well without leaking.
- Make sure the water is boiling then add the dumplings
- Stir it and let the dumplings boil and float on the top of water. Then, add ½ cup of cold water, stir it and let it boil until it floats again. Repeat this for 2-3 times or until they are cooked.
- Don't worry if you don't master how to wrap it nice. This took me years to master it as well. Therefore, you just keep practicing. Then, you will get it eventually.
- Usually, I make a big batch and freeze them.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg