Chinese eggplant and pork
A savory and spicy Chinese eggplant stir fry with minced pork (魚香茄子) is great to serve with rice. This is a simple and healthier version of Chinese eggplant & ground pork recipe that can be done in 20 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 2 Chinese eggplants small
- 1/4 pound Ground pork
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 pieces Fresh chili peppers (use 1-3 or more depends how spicy you want)
- 1 stick Green onion
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
Corn starch mixture:
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch
- 3 teaspoons Water
Minced 4 cloves of garlic and cut 3 chili peppers.
Wash and cut 1 stick of green onion and 2 small eggplants into wider strips.
Turn on medium to small fire, then pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to pan fry eggplants on a non-stick pan. Start with the skin side and cover the lid for a minute and flip the other side for another minute. Then, set them aside.
After that, put 1/4 pound of ground pork into non-stick pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, chopped garlic and chili peppers. Keep stir frying them until it changes color.
Next, add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Stir them a little bit and add corn starch mixture (3 teaspoons of water and 2 teaspoons of corn starch). Last, add the pan fried eggplants and green onion, then mix them with the sauce.
Cooking tips for how to make ground pork and eggplant stir fry:
- Add chili peppers to your spiciness (1-3 or more)
- Use can mince lean pork or use ground pork. I prefer ground pork because it is easier.
- Use Chinese eggplants instead of regular eggplants with thicker skin because they are bitter and not taste good.
- Wash and cut eggplants into wider strips and add some vegetables oil to pan fried them start with the skin part first and cover with a lid. Then, cook for a minute and flip them and cook another minute.
- Cook ground pork and make the sauce, then add the cooked eggplants, so the eggplants are not over cooked and still maintains it’s nice purple color.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg