White Cut Chicken
White cut chicken or white sliced chicken is a type of siu mei. However, it is unlike other roasted siu mei items that the whole chicken is boiled in hot water.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 5 pounds
- 2 slices
- 2 sticks Green onion
- some Water
- some Ice
Wash and clean the chicken inside very well. Then, put the whole chicken into instant pot, add 2 slices of ginger and 2 sticks of green onion. And, make sure the chicken breast is up. After that, fill up water and make sure water is covered 90% of the whole chicken.
Cover the lid and close the vent. Push the manual button and adjust time to zero minute and natural release.
After the chicken is done, put the whole chicken into an ice bath for few minutes before cutting them.
Enjoy this instant pot boiled Chinese white cut chicken recipe and check out how to make this ginger scallion sauce as well.
Cooking tips for instant pot Chinese white cut chicken:
- Put the whole chicken into instant pot and make sure the breast is up
- Push the chicken down when you add water
- Fill up water around 90% cover the whole chicken
- Manual for zero minutes and natural release
- After natural release pressure, put the whole chicken into an ice bath for a few minutes before cutting them
Serving: 4g | Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 514mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg