Ginger Scallion Sauce
Ginger scallion sauce is a savory oil based sauce. Some people called ginger & green onion sauce. In Chinese, it called ( gēung yùng or jīang rōng) 薑蓉 which means grind ginger. The sauce is so versatile that it goes well with most of things such as meats, rice and noodles.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
- 5 sticks Green onion
- 8 slices Ginger (medium thick)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- some Vegetable oil (around 1/2 cup)
Use a chopper to turn ginger into finely minced.
Then, put finely minced ginger into a bowl.
Chop green onion into small pieces
Next, put chopped green onion into the bowl and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
After that, in a pan heat up some vegetable oil (around 1/2 cup). When the oil is hot enough, pour them over the ginger and green onion. Then, mix them well.
Cooking tips for how to make Chinese ginger scallion sauce:
- Chop the ginger to finely minced. Personally, I like to use a chopper. Not only it’s faster, but also ginger are finely minced.
- Put minced ginger, green onion into a bowl and add salt.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. After, pour the hot oil over and mix well. Be careful with the hot oil, especially when you pour over green onion and ginger. If the oil is not hot enough, it cannot cook the green onion and ginger. Also, the flavor will not come out.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg