Wonton Noodle Soup
Wonton noodle soup often serves in hot broth with Cantonese egg noodles, wonton and leafy vegetables. Also, wonton noodle soup is a classic Cantonese noodle dish.
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 head Lettuce
- 1 pack Fresh Cantonese egg noodles (have 6 small noodles )
- 2 can Chicken broth (14.5 oz each)
- 2 sticks Green onion (for topping)
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1 bag Raw frozen shrimp (round 60-80)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 cup Green onion chopped
Roughly chop the shrimp
In a bowl, put ground pork, shrimp, salt 1/4 teaspoon , oyster sauce 2 tablespoons, sesame oil 1 tablespoon, white pepper 1/4 teaspoon, garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon, 1 cup of green onion and mix it very well
The easiest and traditional way is to put a small spoon filling onto a wonton wrapper and close the end with a tail like the picture above.
Boil some water in a pot. When the water is boiling, add wonton. Let it cook until they all float on the top and make sure it’s cooked. After that, set them aside.
Boil water to cook fresh egg noodles. When the water is boiling, add noodles and loosen up. Let it cook until the noodles float on top of the water. (Don’t over cook the noodles)
Then, drain and rinse under cold water.
Wash and cook lettuce in the boiling water for few seconds. After that, take them out quickly because don’t want to over cook the lettuce. Lay cooked lettuce, wonton mein and wonton in a bowl.
Next, boil and warm up chicken broth, pour the hot soup over the noodles and wonton.
Cooking tips for how to make wonton noodle soup recipe:
- Wrap the wonton and boil them until they are floating on top of water. After that, set them aside.
- Boil water in a pot and cook wanton mee. The same way to cook wonton wait until the noodles are floating on top. Next, drain the wonton noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Wash and cook lettuce in the boiling water for few seconds. Normally, I just put lettuce in hot boiling water and immerse it. Then, take them out quickly because you don’t want to over cook lettuce.
- Lay cooked lettuce in a bowl, wonton mein and wonton. Lastly, boil and warm up chicken broth, pour hot soup over noodles and wonton.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg