Turnip cake is a traditional Chinese dim sum dish. Also, pan fried turnip cake often serves in Chinese dim sum restaurants for breakfast. Turnip cake is make from radish and rice flour.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 1 big piece Radish (White carrot) (shredded around 3 cups)
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/3 cup Dried shrimp small
- 1/3 cup Dried scallops
- 1 piece Chinese sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 stick Green onion (for topping and decoration)
Wash and soak dried small shrimp for 5-10 minutes
Wash and soak dried scallops for 5-10 minutes
Cut and diced Chinese sausage
While is waiting, shred radish, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Then, wait for 15-20 minutes and let radish juice come out.
After that, add 1 cup of rice flour and mix it well
Next, add some dried shrimp, scallops and Chinese sausage. Also, remember to save some for the topping and mix it well.
Pour a cup of water into instant pot and add a rack
Pour the mixture into a glass container and topping the rest dried shrimp, scallops and Chinese sausage.
Put the mixture into instant pot, cover the lid and close the vent. Next, press manual button to adjust time for 25 minutes and nature release.
After the turnip cake is cool down, sliced into pieces.
Pour some oil into non-stick pan, turn on medium fire to pan fried both side until it’s little golden brown.
Enjoy this pan fried dim sum turnip cake instant pot recipe!
Cooking tips for instant pot lo bak go recipe:
- Shred radish (white carrot). I like to shred the radish fine and small. Some like to mix with small and little chunks.
- Add salt and wait for 15-20 minutes to let the radish juice come out. After that, add rice flour and mix well.
- Sometime it’s hard to gauge how much radish and rice flour to use. The best is to use 1:3 ratio, 1 cup of rice flour and 3 cups of shredded radish.
- Add some small dried shrimp, dried scallops, Chinese sausage, and remember to save some for topping.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a glass container. Next, put the mixture into instant pot pressure cooker manual for 25 minuets and natural release.
- It’s easier to cut turnip cake after it’s refrigerated.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg