Black Sesame Soup
Black sesame soup or paste is popular among East-Asian and Chinese. Also, black sesame dessert is typically served in hot. In Cantonese it calls tong sui, or sweet soup similar to Western pudding. In generally, black sesame paste or soup’s main ingredients are black sesame seeds, rice and water. Then, sugar is added for sweetness.
- 1 cup Black sesame seeds
- 5 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup Sugar (can be less depends on your sweetness)
- 1.5 cups Coconut milk
Rinse or wash a cup of black sesame then put it into a blender add one cup of water. Blend it for a minuet. Then, add another cup of water and continue blend it until it smooths around 2-3 minutes. (The best to use a powerful or nice blender, if not regular blender is fine. It will take little longer to blend until it smooths. I just use a regular blender.)
Add 1/2 cup rice flour and 1 cup water blend it again for another minute until it mixes well.
Pour the mixture in a pot and turn on fire medium to low. Continue to stir it until it’s bubbling add 2 cups of water and stir it again.
Add a cup of sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups of coconut milk and mix well and until it’s bubbling again.
You can serve it as hot or fridge it and serve as cold dessert.
Cooking tips for how to make black sesame sweet soup:
- Wash and rinse the black sesame seeds. Then, drain them well.
- Put sesame seeds into a blender add one cup of water. Blend it for a minuet. Then, add another cup of water and continue blend it until smooths around 2-3 minutes. (The best to use a powerful or nice blender. If not, use a regular blender is fine. It just take a little bit longer to blend until smooths. And, I used a regular blender.)
- I tried many times and I found out using rice flour is easier than rice.
- You can add more water if you don't like the viscosity. In this recipe, I added some coconut milk because the taste is even better with coconut flavor.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 3mg