Homemade Dumpling Wrappers
Homemade dumpling wrapper is simple and easy. However, it is quite of a work and time consuming. The advantage of making homemade dumpling wrappers from scratch is that you can make it anytime and don’t have to run to the store.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 cups All purpose flour (extra flour for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Boiling hot water
Put flour, cornstarch and salt in a mixing bowl then mix it
Pour the mixture into electric mixer and turn on slow
Pour the water slowly into the electric mixer and turn the speed to medium high for couple minutes until it comes the together
Take the dough out and dust some flour if it’s too sticky
Cut the dough into little pieces and roll it flat
Use a circle shape mold press on the flat dough
To cut out a circle.
Repeat steps 5-7 many times to make around 38 wrappers. *** Tips: before using the dumpling wrappers I recommend to roll the wrapper again to flatten out and make it thinner before wrapping potstickers.
Cooking tips for how to make homemade potsticker wrappers:
- Remember to use hot water
- I use a jar lid to cut the wrappers. In fact, you can use anything that is circle shape like a cup will work as well.
- Before using the dumpling wrappers, I recommend to roll the wrapper again to flatten out and make it thinner. Hence, it will help you wrap the dumplings better.
- Double the recipe if needed because this amount makes around 38 wrappers.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg