Rosemary Garlic Bread
Garlic rosemary skillet bread tastes delicious. Outside is crunchy and inside is soft. After you try one, it’s hard to stop!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
Resting time 1 hour
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 1 & 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon regular salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (extra for sprinkle the top)
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon dough enhancer
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh or dry) (extra for sprinkle the top)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cup and 1 tablespoon bread flour more flour to dust hands before taking the dough out
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil for grease the skillet
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for brushing the bread
Put 1 & 1/4 cup warm water, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of dry active yeast, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a mixer and mix them a little bit. Then, let it sit for 5 minuets.
At the same time, use another mixing bowl add 1 teaspoon of regular salt, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of vital wheat gluten, 1 teaspoon of dough enhancer, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, 4 cloves of minced garlic and 3 cup & 1 tablespoon of bread flour. Then, mix them up a little bit. Next, turn on the mixer to lower setting and slowly add the flour mixture into a mixer (yeast mixture) until the dough is formed
Add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil to grease the cast iron skillet. The dough is a little bit moist, so dust flour on your hands before taking the dough out and shape like a ball. Then, put the dough on a greased skillet and cover with a damp cloth.
Let it rise until it double up the size. It is around 1 hour depends on the temperature of the house.
Preheat the oven for 400 F, sprinkle some rosemary and salt on the dough then bake it for 10 minutes. After that, brush some extra virgin olive oil and bake another 10-13 minutes until its golden brown.
Cooking tips for rosemary skillet bread:
- The dough is little moist, so remember to dust flour on your hands before taking the dough out and shape it like a ball.
- Greasy oil on the skillet
- Bake the bread on skillet or cast iron at high temperature this will create a crunchy outer layer and soft texture inside.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg