1. Wash boneless chicken thighs. Then, trim the fat and cut the chicken thighs into chunks.
2. Put the cut chicken thighs into a bowl. Add salt, white pepper, garlic powder and sesame oil into the bowl. Mix it well and let it marinate.
3. After, put rice flour, all purpose flour, egg and water into a mixing bowl.
4. Use a whisk to mix the batter very well.
5. Next, add the marinated chicken into the batter.
6. Mix well and cover the marinated chicken with batter.
7. Pour vegetable oil into the wok and turn the fire to small. Heat up the oil until it's hot enough.
8. Slowly add the chicken covered with batter into the oil.
9. Let it deep fry until it's slightly golden. Take out the chicken and turn the fire to medium small.
10. Double deep fry the chicken. The temperature of the oil is around 375F and put the fried chicken into the oil again.
11. Until the chicken is golden brown. Drain the chicken and put them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
12. Grate ginger.
13. After that, grate garlic.
14. In a container, add white sugar, brown sugar, orange juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Mix the sauce very well.
15. Next, pour vegetable oil into the wok. Turn on the fire to medium small. Add the grated ginger and garlic. And, crushed red pepper (chili pepper flakes). Stir fry them a little bit.
16. The following, pour the sauce mixture from step 14. Stir them a little bit.
17. Then, add cornstarch and water into a small container. Mix them well.
18. Pour the cornstarch mixture from step 17 into the sauce. Keep stirring the sauce.
19. When the sauce thickens, add the deep fried chicken into the sauce. Toss it and make sure the chicken is covered with the sauce.
20. Lastly, slice half of an orange and put them on the orange chicken as decoration.