1. Rinse and soak dried shrimps in a bowl. Pour water into the bowl and let it soak for 15-30 minutes before cooking. (Don't discard the soaked dried shrimp water, we will use it later.)
2. Meanwhile, pour water into a mixing bowl and soak vermicelli noodles for 15-30 minutes before cooking.
3. Next, mince garlic.
4. Then, use a knife to scrape off the skin of a medium sized hairy gourd. (Try not to use a peeler.)
5. After that, rinse and wash the squash.
6. Cut the fuzzy melon into slices (Around ⅛ inch thick.)
7. The following, cut them into strips. (Around ¼ inch wide.)
8. Pour vegetable oil into the pan and add the minced garlic from step 3. Turn on the fire to medium small stir fry the garlic a little bit.
9. Next, add the cut fuzzy melon/ hairy gourd into the pan. Stir fry them a little bit.
10. After, add the soaked dried shrimp from step 1. Pour the soaked dried shrimp water into the pan.
11. Add the soaked vermicelli noodles (mung bean noodles) from step 2. Mix them a little bit.
12. Cover the lid and let it cook with the small fire for 10-15 minutes.
13. Uncover the lid and keep stir frying it until the squash is soft.