By Tracy O. Oh My Food Recipes
▢ Dried platostoma palustre plants (涼粉草)
▢ Baking soda
▢ Corn starch or potato starch
1. Weight the dried platostoma palustre plant.
2. Wash, soak and rinse the dried platostoma palustre plant to remove dust and sand.
3. In a big pot, add water, baking soda and the washed platostoma palustre plant. Then, turn on a high fire and boil it. When it's boiling, turn the fire to medium small and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
4. After that, let it cool off, use your hands to rub the plants to get the slimy thing out and mix with the liquid.
5. Then, use a strainer bag to remove the big pieces of herb.
6. After that, use a fine strainer to remove smaller pieces of herb. Remember to do this step twice.
7. Next, in a small container mix water and cornstarch or potato starch.
8. Pour the cornstarch mixture from step 7 into the liquid, keep stirring until it thickens.
9. Pour the thicken mixture into a container and refrigerate for 3-6 hours.
10. After that, cut the grass jelly into cubes.
11. You can serve with syrup.
12. Or, serve it with condensed milk, milk, coconut milk and fruits.
By Tracy O.
Oh My Food Recipes